In order to use the Services, you also acknowledge and agree to this Privacy Statement. You may not use the Services if you do not accept the Privacy Statement. You can acknowledge and agree to the Privacy Statement by (1) clicking to accept or agree to the terms and conditions including the Privacy Statement, where this option is made available to you by Orivet for any Service; or by (2) actually using the Services.
You acknowledge and agree that Orivet has the right to monitor any use of its systems by its personnel at any time and maintain copies documenting such monitoring. Our Privacy Statement sets forth the only expectations of privacy any individual should have in terms of usage of the Orivet Services, website, or other systems. If you have given consent for your Genetic Information and Self-Reported Information to be used in Orivet Research as described in the applicable Consent Document, we may only include your information in the Aggregated Genetic Information and Self-Reported Information we disclose to third parties for the purpose of publication in a peer-reviewed scientific journal. Orivet may also only include your information in Aggregated Genetic and Self-Reported Information disclosed to third-party non-profit and/or commercial research partners who will not publish that information in a peer-reviewed scientific journal. Orivet Research may be sponsored by, conducted on behalf of, or in collaboration with third parties, such as non-profit foundations, academic institutions or pharmaceutical companies. Orivet Research may study a specific group or population, identify potential areas or targets for therapeutics development, conduct or support the development of drugs, diagnostics or devices to diagnose, predict or treat medical or other health conditions, work with public, private and/or non-profit entities on genetic research initiatives, or otherwise create, commercialize, and apply this new knowledge to improve health care.
Orivet will never release your individual-level Genetic Information and/or Self-Reported Information to any third party without asking for and receiving your explicit consent to do so, unless required by law.
Further, you acknowledge and agree that Orivet is free to preserve and disclose any and all Personal Information to law enforcement agencies or others if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process (such as a judicial proceeding, court order, or government inquiry) or obligations that Orivet may owe pursuant to ethical and other professional rules, laws, and regulations; (b) enforce the Orivet Terms and conditions; (c) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Orivet, its employees, its users, its clients, and the public. In such event we will notify you through the contact information you have provided to us in advance, unless doing so would violate the law or a court order. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Services, including your Personal Information, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks, or devices. Finally, Orivet may, in its sole discretion, restrict access to the website for any reason.Please refer to our Privacy Statement to read about data protection related to your information. See our complete Privacy Statement below.
Information We Collect
Information you share directly with us
We collect and process your information when you place an order, create an account, register your Orivet kit, complete health surveys, post on our Forums or use other messaging features such as email and newsletters, and when you contact Customer Care. This information can generally be categorized as Registration Information, Self-Reported Information, and/or User Content as defined in our full Privacy Statement.
Information from our DNA testing services
With your consent, we extract your DNA from your saliva sample and analyze it to produce your Genetic Information (the As, Ts, Cs, and Gs at particular locations in your genome) in order to provide you with Orivet reports.
How We Use Information
We generally process Personal Information for the following reasons:
- To provide our Services. We process Personal Information in order to provide our Service, which includes processing payments, shipping kits to customers, creating customer accounts and authenticating logins, analyzing saliva samples and DNA, and delivering results and powering tools like DNA Relatives.
- To analyze and improve our Services. We constantly work to improve and provide new reports, tools, and Services. For example, we are constantly working to improve our ability to assign specific ancestries to your DNA segments and maximize the granularity of our results. We may also need to fix bugs or issues, analyze use of our website to improve the customer experience or assess our marketing campaigns.
- For Orivet Research, with your consent. Orivet researchers can only include your pet’s de-identified Genetic Information and Self-Reported Information in a large pool of aggregated data for analyses aimed at making scientific discoveries. Orivet may contact your to seek your permission for use of your pet’s individual samples and information to participate in a specific Research Project. By agreeing to the Individual Data Sharing Consent Document, or participating in a Orivet Research Community you can give consent for the use of your data for scientific research purposes. In any case your personal information such as name, address and contact details will never be shared without your express written permission.
- For Orivet Marketing. Orivet provides links and passes to third party sites. The use of your information by these third party sites is not within the control of Orivet and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of these companies.
Access To Your Information
Your Personal Information may be shared information in the following ways:
- With our service providers, including our genotyping laboratory, as necessary for them to provide their services to us.
- With research collaborators, only if you have given your explicit consent.
Orivet will not sell, lease, or rent your individual-level information to any third party or to a third party for research purposes without your explicit consent.
- We do not share customer data with any public databases.
- We will not provide any person’s or pet’s data to an insurance company or employer.
- We will not provide information to law enforcement or regulatory authorities unless required by law to comply with a valid court order, subpoena, or search warrant for Personal Information.
How We Secure Information
Orivet implements measures and systems to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Orivet data.
- De-identification/Pseudonymization, encryption, and data segmentation. Registration Information is stripped from Sensitive Information, including genetic and phenotypic data. This data is then assigned a random ID so the person who provided the data cannot reasonably be identified. Orivet uses industry standard security measures to encrypt sensitive personal data both when it is stored (data-at-rest) and when it is being transmitted (data-in-flight). Additionally, data are segmented across logical database systems to further prevent re-identifiability.
- Limiting access to essential personnel. We limit access of information to authorized personnel, based on job function and role. Orivet access controls include multi-factor authentication, single sign-on, and a strict least-privileged authorization policy.
- Detecting threats and managing vulnerabilities. Orivet uses state of the art intrusion detection and prevention measures to stop any potential attacks against its networks. We have integrated continuous vulnerability scanning in our build pipeline and regularly engage third party security experts to conduct penetration tests.
This Disclaimer applies to the activities of Orivet Genetic Pet Care Limited (ABN 67303247931) ("ORIVET GENETIC PET CARE Lab", "we", "us" or "our") in relation to your use of this website. This Disclaimer applies to your use of this website, including the use of the information and services offered on or through this website. In using this website, you agree to be bound by terms of this Disclaimer. If you do not accept the terms of this Disclaimer, you must refrain from using this website. This Disclaimer must be read in conjunction with any other applicable terms and conditions governing the use of this website. This Disclaimer supersedes all prior agreements in relation to use of this website and we reserve the right to revise this Disclaimer from time to time without notice. Any such changes will be posted on this website. Your continued use of this website will constitute your acceptance of the variation of this Disclaimer. These terms and conditions must be read in conjunction with the Privacy Statement.
You agree that you must use this website in accordance with the terms of this Disclaimer and that you will not use this website for any unlawful purpose or to facilitate any such unlawful purpose. You must not violate, attempt to violate, degrade the security systems of or "hack" this website. "Hack" means gaining control of, denying access to or unauthorised access to this website (including using another member's username and password), causing malicious damage or interference with this website's operations and includes: mail bombing; propagating viruses, worms or other types of malicious code; deliberate attempts to overload a computer system; broadcast attacks or any other method designed to damage, degrade or interfere with the operation of a computer system or website.
In compiling this website we have endeavoured to take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the information at the time of publication. We take no responsibility for any error or defect within the website or that all of the content provided on the website will be current, complete and accurate and we are not liable to you to the extent that the content on the website is not current, is incorrect or incomplete. The information contained on this website serves as a guide only. We shall not be liable for any accidents, injury, irregularity, loss or damage caused by or arising as a result of your reliance on information contained on this website. Furthermore, the information on this website must not be relied on as a prospectus or a formal support to any capital raising activities and Orivet Genetic Pet Care shall not be liable to you to the extent of any such reliance. We reserve the right to add, modify or discontinue any of the services offered by us at any time without notice. We will not be held liable for any decision to modify or discontinue a service. Links to third party websites and content are provided for convenience only and are not under our direct control. We are not responsible for, and make no representations in relation to the content of a third party website nor can we guarantee or accept responsibility for their privacy practices. Any links provided on this website to third party websites and content in no way indicates, whether expressly or impliedly, that we endorse that third party website and content.
We neither warrant nor represent that this website will be continuously available and you acknowledge that this website may experience down-time, either scheduled or unscheduled, from time to time. We will endeavour to take reasonable steps to ensure that this website's downtime is limited to a reasonable period of time. We will not be held liable for any loss or damage suffered by you arising (whether directly or indirectly) from this website's down-time.
Other than for your own individual use, reproduction (whether part or all) of the content on this website in any form is prohibited other than for individual use only, and the content of this website may not be copied or otherwise shared with any third parties. Without limitation, you agree that you will not print, distribute, display, sell, publish, broadcast, circulate, disseminate or commercially exploit, in any form or by any method whatsoever, part or all of the contents of the website, or incorporate the website material, or any part of it, in any work or publication, whether in hard copy, electronic, or any other form. Unless otherwise noted, all content on this website is protected as the copyright, trade dress, trademarks and/or other intellectual properties owned by Orivet Genetic Pet Care or by other parties that have licensed their material to Orivet Genetic Pet Care. All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
To the extent permitted by law, Orivet Genetic Pet Care excludes all liability for loss or damage suffered by you, (including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, loss of profits or revenue, business interruption, loss of data or failure to realise anticipated savings or benefits or business opportunities) that you may suffer as a result of: • your use or reliance on any information on this website or provided through this website; • you accessing or using this website; • the interrupted, degraded or reduced performance of this website for whatever reason; or • any interruption, suspension or termination of this website for whatever reason.
Orivet Genetic Pet Care' exclusion of liability applies whether the claim is in contract, tort (including without limitation, negligence) or equity and even if Orivet Genetic Pet Care has been notified of the possibility of such loss or damage.
You agree that our liability to you at law (if any) will be reduced by the extent to which you contributed to the loss. You acknowledge that you are obliged to take all reasonable steps to mitigate such loss.